Sunday, March 10, 2013

Winter Owl Baby Boy Shower

In December I had the pleasure of helping plan and host a baby shower for a sweet friend who was expecting a baby boy.  After deliberating between a "mustaches and bowties" theme (the "fun" option) or a "winter owl theme" (the "classy" option) we settled on the owl theme.  The mother-to-be's sister (and shower co-host) was a big fan or owls and I knew I had lots of "winter" decorations we could use, so we decided to go with that theme.  As it turned out it was a good thing we had plenty of wintery decor because in true Arkansas-weather-form we had a random 70 degree December day for the shower. 

 
 

 
 

 
We had a little tree in our front yard that died and when we replaced it I asked my husband if I could keep it to decorate with.  I found the perfect use for it for this shower!  I made a few owl "ornaments" for it and I thought it was a cute touch.  I just wish it would have photographed better.
 
 
 
 
Wreath I made for the front door
 
Super cute favors the mom-to-be and her sister made for the guests!  There were also cards for the guests to fill out with advise for the new parents and to help pick the baby's name.

 
 
 Hot Cocoa Bar

 
 

No comments: