Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Peacock Wedding Shoes on a Budget

As I was looking for inspiration for our vintage/peacock themed wedding I came across these shoes that I HAD to have:
They were the embodiment of everything I wanted our wedding to be.  I was already using lots of vintage brooches, the color was the perfect shade of teal that I can't get enough of, and the feather was the perfect touch of peacock without going to far.  But at $142 they were way over my budget.  As I was shopping for wedding dresses at David's Bridal I came across these very similar shoes:

They were only $59 and the bridal consultant said they could be dyed any color for $5.  So I had them dyed "Oasis" and added my own feathers and for $64 I had a very similar pair of shoes for my wedding day that got LOTS of compliments!
Linking to:






The DIY Show Off


3 comments:

Beth said...

These are adorable! Good for you for DIY'ing your shoes ;).

Anonymous said...

Love it! I, too, fell in love with the peacock wedding shoe idea and came up with a similar look using peacock feathers and vintage style clip-on earrings. Next I'm going to try your DIY peacock bridesmaid fans. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Anonymous said...

Yours are better than the original, good for you! I'm with the peacock trend, my wedding will also be embellished in these beautiful feathers!