Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cheeseball

I've had a lot of repins on Pinterest of the Mickey Mouse Chocolate Chip Cheeseball so I thought I would post the recipe for anyone who was interested.  My friend Kelly introduced this recipe to me at a shower 7 years ago and I've been making it for every event I've hosted since then.   Its always a huge hit and very easy to make!

Ingredients:
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup real butter (softened)
2 T. brown sugar
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 t. vanilla extract
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans (optional-I never use these)

In a medium bowl beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth.  Mix in powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.  Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball, wrap with plastic, and chill for 1 hour.  Roll ball in finely chopped pecans before serving, if desired.  Serve with graham cracker sticks.

No comments: