Saturday, February 23, 2013

London Loves Mickey

I'm a little behind on posting but here are some pics from my niece London's 5th birthday party I planned back in October.  She loves Mickey and "boy stuff".  I love glitter and polka dots.  So we had as girly of a Mickey party as she would allow.  We had originally planned to have the party outside but the cold and rain had other ideas so we moved it into my parents garage.  I had so much fun making the decorations for this party! 
Food Table with Mickey Mouse Club crackers and toppings, cupcakes, Mickey Mouse Munch, milk, a mini cake, Mickey Mouse Cheeseball, cake pops, and chips and cheesedip.
Chocolate Chip Cheeseball with chocolate covered Oreo's for the ears
For the recipe click here
Cake Pops
 Table centerpieces made from cardboard boxes (from Hobby Lobby) covered in scrapbook paper and Mickey Mouse heads I hole punched out of sparkly scrapbook paper.  I filled the boxes with red paper shred and used sparkly Christmas pics from Hobby Lobby.  I made the Mickey and Minnie mouse heads by spray painting different sized styrofoam balls and then sprinkling black glitter on them before the paint dried.  The bandanas were also from Hobby Lobby.

Pinwheels made with wrapping paper from Hobby Lobby, Mickey Mouse head made from plywood circles also from Hobby Lobby. 
 Mickey Mouse Munch:  popcorn, melted marshmallows, and red and black M&M's
Party hats made from scrapbook paper, ric rac, and pom pons

Backdrop of crepe paper and tissue paper pom pons

My dad picked up some classic glass bottles of Coca Cola to add to the drink table.  I hadn't thought of having those and thought it was an awesome touch!
Chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, Mickey Mouse head sprinkles, and Vintage Mickey Mouse rings as cupcake toppers from:  http://www.etsy.com/people/sweettreatssupplies (LOVED these!)
Black and Red paper straws from:  http://www.etsy.com/people/sweettreatssupplies.  Plastic milk bottles from www.shopsweetlulu.com.  

No comments: