Friday, April 12, 2013

Pinspirations

There are two pins on my Spring Pinterest board that I am madly in love with.  So I decided to try to recreate them for my house's spring facelift.  Of course, the Pinterest pics are still MUCH prettier.  But I'm happy to have a little of their beauty in my own home.

Something about this picture just screams spring to me.  Its light and air and simple.  I love the flowering branches.  They are the perfect transition from winter to spring.


I did my version on top of our entertainment center.  We have 13 foot ceilings in our living room and its always difficult for me to find things with some height to fill the empty space.   This worked perfectly.  All of the branches are from Hobby Lobby.  The vases are all clear glass vases that I had in my storage closet.  I painted them Mod Podge mixed with blue and green food coloring.  Simple, quick, and cheap but it made a big impact!

 
 
I love the sweet, vintage look of this picture.  The colors are and light are so beautiful.



My version lacks the light of the original, even though there is a window directly to the right of this table.  I just cannot capture natural light.  I'm not sure if its me, the camera, or a combination of the two.  Its pretty pitiful though!  For my version I just bought a couple of pieces of pretty scrapbook paper and wrapped it around some hardcover books we had on our book shelf.  I tied them with some brown lace ribbon I had laying around.  The flower is from Hobby Lobby but I plan to change it out with fresh flowers as soon as it stops snowing here and the flowers actually start growing!


No comments: