Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wedding DIY Projects-Part 1

We had a very limited budget for our wedding so I had several DIY projects.  I had found a burlap Just Married sign on Etsy that I thought would look perfect hanging on the front of the church after the ceremony.  But at $48 it was a little more of a splurge than I could afford so I decided to try to make one myself.  I bought 2 yards of burlap from Hobby Lobby.  I wasn't sure exactly how much I would need and I wanted to make sure I had plenty in case it took a couple of tries to get the banner right.  I decided what size I wanted each pennant and cut out a template from some cardboard I had lying around.  Then I traced the cardboard template on the burlap and cut out the pennants.  I used a stencil and acrylic paint (also from Hobby Lobby) and painted the letters onto the burlap pieces.  I cut out two extra pieces and hot glued white flowers onto them.  Then I glued the pennants onto a satin ribbon. 




Linking to:

The Girl CreativeJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!


Mod Vintage Life



The DIY Show Off










4 comments:

Shelley said...

Simple and absolutely gorgeous. I love it!!!

Michelle said...

This is darling! I wish I would have had one at my wedding! I am visiting from The Girl Creative and I am your newest follower!!
Hope you have a great week and that I see you at my blog sometime!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thanks so much for coming to my party with your cute and THRIFTY wedding banner...LOVE it!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What an absolutely adorable DIY! Well done.

I hope that you will stop by and enter my giveaway.

Happy Monday!