Monday, February 13, 2012

Burlap and Lace for Valentine's Day





I'm proud that I am actually posting my Valentine's Day decor BEFORE (even if it is only a few hours before) Valentine's Day!  I didn't get around to posting pics of my Halloween, Fall, or Christmas decorations so this is a big accomplishment for me.  With the exception of the red lace (actually Flexi-Lace Hem Tape) and the doily hearts I used things that I had on hand to decorate for Valentine's Day.  Most of the pieces were actually things that I used in our wedding, so that added to the "love" theme.  :)  For my kitchen table I used place mats which I made out of burlap that I had left over from the banner I made for our wedding and trimmed them with the red lace.  I covered the table with a yard of ivory lace that I also used at our wedding.  For the halfwall between our living room and kitchen I did a banner of doily hearts (I am in LOVE with doily hearts this year!) and arranged silver mercury glass pieces with red candles.  I printed L O V E on some scrapbook paper and put the letters in some of the small ornate frames that we also used at our wedding.  I love how it turned out and I'm super excited that I got to share it with everyone.  Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day full of love!

No comments: